Sunday, September 8, 2013

Tomato Juice Recipe Ideas

I discovered that I love fresh tomato juice recipes made from fresh garden tomatoes, and made it in the blender.

Well, today I had a bowl of fresh Roma Tomatoes  and decided to try making tomato juice with my Cuisinart Smart Stick Blender.  I decided to make the juice using my malt cup which will make 16 Oz at a time in less than a minute per filled malt cup.

Clean up was a breeze using the Stick Blender for recipe ideas.  I know about juicers and had one in the past but do not feel a need to invest in another one.




I like thick tomato juice and do enjoy it when it has a little chew to it.  I discovered that when using Roma tomatoes that the juice is so thick that it does not separate and is yummy delicious with nothing added to the tomatoes.

However, the thickness may not be what you want, so water can be added to thin down the juice.

I do not add any salt, but have tried various seasonings like garlic powder and  Mrs. Dash.

Sometimes I add a splash of either dill or sweet pickle juice, olive juice, sauerkraut juice and I also enjoy jalapeƱo pepper juice.  I just add a splash or two for my taste, but you can measure if  you want. I encourage you to have fun and experiment with different tasty tomato juice recipes.



Another way I like tomatoes is as a slightly frozen Slush. That is so refreshing on a hot day!


Review: Smart Stick Blender Chopper Whisk and Recipes

1 comment:

  1. I grew up drinking tomato juice as a child, it is so good for us.

    ReplyDelete