Saturday, September 7, 2013

Chef Salad Recipe

Today I came in from the garden with my mouth watering for Chef Salad and had gathered some fresh ingredients.  The orange "cherry" tomatoes will be the star with a supporting cast including garden fresh green pepper and red leaf lettuce.

The orange tomatoes are a favorite that I have been waiting for because of their special, almost sweet taste.  They are also a little bit less acidic than regular red tomatoes.




Chef Salad Recipes can vary according to taste and I felt like going a lighter route on a warm day.  I used just one meat and just a little grated cheese to top it off.  I put the ingredients together according to what I feel for at the time and what I have on hand.  Usually, if you order a Chef Salad in a restaurant, you'll get both turkey and ham and two kinds of cheese…..feel free to make it your way!


Ingredients:

Orange Tomatoes today but usually I use red ones.
Red Leaf Lettuce
Green Pepper
Sweet Onion
Hard Boiled Eggs either sliced or diced
Ham, about 2 Oz diced for each serving.
Cauliflower Florets, 1 separated for each serving
Grated Lacy Swiss Cheese
Choice of Salad Dressings

Directions:
Layer ingredients how ever you want to or you can place each ingredient separately in its own section of your salad plate.  Serve with an assortment of dressings, and maybe some toast or crackers on the side.  I often put sliced olives on top but today I am serving a pickle and olive plate on the side.  All that is left is to simply enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This sure does look good! A nice chef salad is one of my favorites. Sometimes I'll have it with a nice raspberry vinaigrette, other times with a honey mustard dressing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't fresh produce so wonderful for a salad or anything else. This salad would go perfectly with any one of your delicious soups.

    ReplyDelete